The History of St. Casimir
St. Casimir, the first Lithuanian parish in the diocese, was founded in 1893. As the congregation grew, the need for larger, more permanent gathering space resulted in the completion and dedication of St. Casimir church on June 27, 1902.
This church served the community for over 80 years. However, due to population loss in the South Side, it was no longer practical to maintain all of the South Side parishes as independent entities. In 1992, the South Side parishes were merged and the new Prince of Peace parish was created. St. Casimir church was closed as part of this merger.